Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hunter Feb 24

Hello Hunter Fans,
It was a great day to ski. The crazy winds died down (wind chills yesterday made for a steady –35 real feel) and even though the overnight temps reached –12, by 9 am it was 6 and now a heat wave at 16. The sun was muted through high clouds but the visibility was excellent and the grooming sensational. There was actually a slight temperature inversion today. The mountain was a ghost town – I mean really empty and I enjoyed every minute of it having most runs all to myself – felt like a private mountain. Surface conditions could not have been any better. Every main trail was groomed corduroy  powder except Racer’s but that was still okay. The big surprise was Claire’s which was perfectly groomed top to bottom. Rt 80 (White Cloud / Wayout) was also a real ego snow run. The top of 44 was a glaring shiny white porcelain and it was closed as was Upper Taylors. I have got to say that I had one of my most enjoyable ski days of the year today.
It is going to stay cold (sub zero nights and low teens daytime) through Saturday with some flurry activity Wed & Thurs and not much sun.
February could break the all time coldest on record as it ends on Saturday. Hard to believe March 1 is Sunday. I do not believe that Hunter had to make any snow all month – also a record.
Stay warm my friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment