Monday, March 16, 2009

Hi All,
Welcome to new members Keith "The Pro" Holmquist and Rob & Lena Armet to my list now totalling 71.
As many of you already know Fri the 13th was not lucky for either Keith or myself. To update you: Keith suffered a concussion, bruised ribs and facial abrasions. I just saw him and he is back in the shop today for a limited time period. I have a badly sprained right thumb (ski pole thumb) & a sore back from a fall on Racer's which will keep me off the slopes for a few days. I also cracked the back of my helmet open - thank God for helmets - and a new one is on order.
The temp dipped into the 20's again last night so this am was granular and frozen granular. There is hazy sun, no wind and temps already up to 55 so the snow is again soft. I, unfortunately, cannot give you first hand trail or grooming reports. The ski patrol has been taken over by Rob "Red" McDivitt with Dave Young again heading up the vollys in the wake of Bob "Hoss" Hostetter's abrupt departure. Welcome back to the group of 40 that spent the week in Aspen. March has been a crazy month already in more ways than one!
This week will be generally mild with the possibility of rain on Wed into Thurs. Happy St. Patty's day for tomorrow to all my Irish friends and those with Irish livers.
Don't forget to check out my blog http://hunterskiscene.blogspot.com/ and click on "(comments)" which appears in small print under each of my postings to read what others have to say. Particularly interesting is the comment/letter to mgmt by Vic after my March 10 report.
Ski ya,
Jon

Detailed Local Forecast

  • Today: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 44F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Tonight: Overcast. Low around 25F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High 48F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tomorrow night: Generally fair. Low 29F. Winds light and variable.
  • Wednesday: Occasional showers possible. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s.
  • Thursday: Rain and snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low 20s.
  • Friday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment