Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hunter March 21

Hi All,
Winter is ignoring the calendar. It got down to 9 last night, 20 by the start of the day and only about 32 now.
First let me say that I got biased negative info yesterday which I heard about today from many who said skiing was great with excellent grooming but there was a visibility issue. From now on, if I do not experience the conditions first hand, I will not rely on others for trail condition reports.
Today was a top 10 day of the year. We had another dusting last night and there was great sun, no wind, perfect grooming and very consistent flat, fast and firm surface conditions. I had the most runs on Racer's and Claire's than I have all season. There wasn't a bad trail on the mtn and there were no lines in spite of the fact this is another college week - spring break - where $35 and a vaild ID gets you a lift ticket.
The season is now going to be extened another week to April 14 due to the fact that we still have an unbelievable base with more cold weather and some snow for next week.
In other news, The Bagel Shop is closed and has a "For Sale" sign on it.
There are still tickets ($150/each) available for the Beaux Arts Ball on Saturday night April 6.
Keep those skis tuned and enjoy some great winter conditions.
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment