Monday, January 14, 2013

Hunter Jan 14

Hi All,
I did not ski today and did not speak to anyone who did. Most likely not skiing tomorrow either due to a bad head cold. Local Motion Race # 1 was scheduled for today with the post race party in the base lodge back by the bandstand. I can tell vou that the warm temps over the weekend in the 50's and a heavy rain last night really took its toll on the mtn. Lots of brown and bare spots showing and I wouldn't recommend using good skis.
The weather does turn colder tonight and I hope they can find a window to make snow over the next few days because we really need it. All the snow that was on lawns and in the woods is gone.
I can recommend dining at Bear Creek which is now under new management "The Lazy Swan" from Saugerties - excellent food and service, moderate to high prices for the mountain top but worth it!

Ski ya soon,
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment